BiEPAG encourages submissions of posts from 500 to 1000 words long and communicated in an accessible way. The areas of our research cover EU Integration, Democratic consolidation, Socio-economic transformation and Inter-ethnic relations in the Western Balkans. We encourage you to include a title, one or two tables or photos, but please make sure that these are copyright-free.
To help authors with the submission process, we have compiled a style guide that you might like to consult before drafting an article.
Length and format
- Proposed length of the article must be between 500 and 1000 words.
- Please send us your draft article in Word format, with your name at the top.
- Use narrative titles up to 20 words if possible.
The writing style and language
- Your article should be written with a relatively wide audience in mind. Therefore we recommend that you avoid overusing acronyms and academic terms.
- Use short paragraphs made up of four or five sentences.
- Minimize the use of bold, underlining, and italics for emphasis.
- Please try to provide English-language proof-read contributions.
- We use links rather than citations for references. Links should direct readers to more detailed reports or other pieces of research, news items or other blog posts.
- Please insert a hyperlink at the relevant point of your argument that you would like to reference.
Biography and contributor photo
- Please send us a narrative biographical note, up to three sentences in length, with your academic position, research interests, and details of your two most recent publications.
- Please also send us a small, colour photo headshot in a .jpg format.
Where to submit
- To submit potential articles, please send a short description of the argument and biography to email@example.com